How to Build Confidence and Self-Esteem Doing Nothing
We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, it’s just in our nature. Knowing how to build confidence is valuable because confident people will live happier, healthier more successful lives. Confidence produces an energy that supercharges our goals and our lives. We feel good when we are confident and that also bolsters our self-esteem, another valuable asset for living a fulfilling and meaningful life.
• You will not attempt new things that will allow you to grow
• You will feel that you have less value as a person
• You create limiting beliefs and settle for less than you deserve and can have in life
• The stress of being asked to do things you are not comfortable with will release toxins into your system and make you unhealthy
• Worry becomes an overwhelming side-effect
• Eventually you will wallow in regret for things you were too afraid to do
• You think in terms of why you can’t do things rather than how to make it happen, thus sabotaging yourself
Confidence and self-esteem are so important to the quality of your existence and I am going to tell you one of the top things you can do to gain confidence.
Seriously, nothing! Most people call this nothing meditation.
Ask yourself, is it worth 30 minutes a day, (15 in the morning and 15 at night), to have a calmer, happier, more organized, satisfying and successful life where I feel better mentally physically and spiritually? And in this time all I have to do is nothing.
I don’t have to be psychic to know that most sane people will answer a resounding YES! Even some not so sane people will as well. I mean, with all the responsibilities and things on the 2 page to do list, who wouldn’t like a few minutes a day to do nothing?
There’s no shame in this game either, because you actually are doing something by doing nothing. Those who meditate on a regular basis have always reported being calmer, lower blood pressure, increased clarity and energy, and a plethora of other mental and physical benefits. Now science is backing it all up.
Neuro scientists have been studying the amygdala, the region in the brain associated with worry and regret, for decades. During their research it was discovered that regular meditation calmed the activity in this area of our brain and over an extended period those who engaged in regular meditation were able to manage stress better.
This is especially important for women since we are physically wired to be more nervous and less confident than men. We also release a lot of cortisol when we stress and worry and this makes us gain weight.
So why is it a great idea to do nothing a couple times a day and have a clear conscious about taking that time for yourself?
• Weight loss
• Calmer thoughts
• Happier overall
• Less worry and regret making room for positive, supportive thoughts
• Lower blood pressure
• Lower stress
• Healthier heart
• Better lung capacity
• More clarity
• Stronger focus
• Builds confidence
• Supports self-esteem
The side effects are
• Better health
• Closer spiritual connection
• Better relationships
• More successful in achieving goals
• Fulfillment of leading a meaningful life
• You just plain feel better about yourself and your life
Once you decide to give yourself this gift, you will want to start right away. I will give you the brief version of how to get started. Feel free to comment, ask questions or look for future blogs on the subject. Since it is the fastest and easiest way to gain confidence and self-esteem, I will be devoting a bit of attention to meditation and ways to deepen your meditation.
1. Pick a time of day in the morning and in the evening.
2. Select a quiet place where you will be free of distractions.
3. Wear loose, comfortable clothes.
4. If you are first starting, I recommend selecting a guided meditation. That way you can let go of all your thoughts and focus on the voice.
5. Be sure to turn off all cell phones.
6. Tell your mind before you begin that you will be meditating for 15 minutes (or the length of the meditation recording) and that everything else can wait until you are done.
If your thoughts drift away from the voice, gentle dismiss the thoughts and bring your attention back to the voice.
There is no need to listen intently to the voice, just relax and let your subconscious absorb the message.
If you have an itch that seems to be intensifying, gently scratch it and return your focus to the voice.
Relax, enjoy, get healthy, happy and shine your light bright!
My gift to you because I care.
Latest posts by Cassi Eubank (see all)
- Pumpkin Seed Milk - 2018-01-29
- Is Kindness So Rare? - 2016-06-13
- How to Network More Effectively ~ Ask the Purpose of Your Networking - 2016-06-06