Overcoming the fear of failure, in my mind, is the best thing you can do for yourself. One of the reasons I am passionate about being a life coach on Boca Raton, FL is that I can quickly help people with this. Through the use of NLP, or nuero linguistic programming in my practice, I am able to deliver fast and amazing results for my clients. And after all, I feel that everyone deserves results!
I have found that not only do our self limiting beliefs and fears get in the way of what we want to do, it also distorts our ability to decide what we really want and who we really are. This is because we set boundaries and limitations on what we think we can have and be based on our own limiting thoughts.
Overcoming The Fear Of Failure And The Chameleon Effect
When we make decisions because we want to be liked or to please someone we love, I call this the Chameleon Effect. Our preferences are influenced by the preferences of others. This happens when a young woman or young man goes to law school because it will make his parents happy and it is expected of him. Or maybe you enthusiastically cheer during football games because it is a big deal to your significant other, even though you don’t really care about the game. When we assume the Chameleon Effect, our choices, decisions and preferences are colored by the filter of other people’s preferences
3 Easy Steps To Overcome The Fear Of Failure Fast
To overcome the Chameleon Effect, here is one easy trick. Try the Decision Making 1 – 10 Technique.
- If you have to decide whether to eat an apple or an orange, go some place quiet and calming to you. Take a deep breathe and close your eyes. Now imagine eating the orange. When you imagine the orange, feel the way it will squish between your teeth. Feel the fresh juice squirt into your mouth and taste the tantalizing sweetness of the fruit.
- Now ask yourself on a scale of one to ten (with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest) how good does eating the orange make you feel. Clap your hands after you have the answer to break the state you were in while imagining this and do the same imagination game with the apple. Feel the apple crunch between your teeth and taste the juice that is released with eat bite you take.
- Now ask yourself on a scale of one to ten (with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest) how good does eating the apple make you feel. This is a decision that was made based on what you want and like, unfiltered by the opinion of others.
When it comes to self limiting beliefs, we develop these because of things that people have said to us and even our our self-talk, or what we tell ourselves. A belief is a thought that you repeat to yourself so often that you think it is true. A belief is not necessarily the truth. Self limiting beliefs cause fear. We are afraid we are too old, so we do not try. We are afraid we are not smart enough, so we set our standards lower. We downgrade our lives because we downgrade our own value. When we realize that fear is an emotion, emotions are caused by our thoughts, thoughts that are have low value create a low value life and thoughts that we are awesome and can do anything create an awesome, here you go, have anything you want kind of life.
So to change your self limiting beliefs and learn overcoming the fear of failure, there are many things that can be done. But the easiest is to flip it. Rather than telling yourself why you cannot, tell yourself all the reasons you can. Encourage yourself as much as you would encourage a friend or relative!!!
Go to my coaching offer if you are ready to overcome the fear of failure or fill out my Life Coach Cassi Eubank’s contact us form to reach me directly. I am here to help you!
Latest posts by Cassi Eubank (see all)
- Getting Results with the Right Coach or Advisor - 2014-07-16
- Silent Thoughts - 2014-07-01
- Achieve Success Through Follow Up: 7 Ideas and Tips - 2014-02-24