The quality of your choices will determine the
quality of your existence.
I want you to take a moment and contemplate that thought. Go back to choices you have made in the past and follow where they have led you. Do not judge these choices, just notice how your past choices have set the scene for where you are today.
Once you fully grasp that your choices do indeed create your future (you decided to go to college and as a result you got a better paying job, you took a chance and applied for a job you never thought you would get, and you got it) it is easy to see the QUALITY of your thoughts is of upmost importance.
Consider this, every thought you have is a positive thought or a negative thought. The voice of doubt would have you believe you are not good enough, that there is something wrong with you, that you are a fraud and not to ever risk anything lest ye suffer the consequences of humiliation. This voice rarely makes us feel good. It’s like this voice is telling us that we are sick and to just stay in bed.
The voice of reason tells us that we are perfect as we are and we are exactly where we are meant to be. It also reminds us that we are capable of great things and gives us a calm confidence. This voice makes us feel safe and secure. It’s like this voice is telling us that everything is fine and we can change or have anything we want. It encourages us to go after life with enthusiasm.
Now let’s tie this all together. The quality of our choices determines the quality of our life. The quality of our thoughts determines the quality of our choices.
Let’s say you have a dream of writing a book to really help people. The voice of doubt will tell you that you won’t be any good, there are millions of others better than you that have tried and failed. That unkind voice asks who would even read your book, you probably aren’t any good at writing anyway and so many more lies! The voice of reason will tell you to go for it, you have to start somewhere, you can figure this out, you have accomplished much more challenging projects in the past and rocked them and pump you up, raising you to your highest potential.
The more you listen to the voice of reason, the faster you will start writing, learning and growing.You will be happier taking that chance because you know in your heart you are aligned with your purpose, to grow, create and love your life. Every time you listen to the voice of doubt, you will be pulled away from your goal and the life you are meant to have. Every time you listen to the voice of reason, you will be cheered on, moving you closer to the life you deserve and keeping you feeling good all the way there.
So the big question is how do we get in the habit of choosing the thoughts that will lead to the life we desire and deserve? After all, the voice of reason is so soft spoken and the voice of doubt, well frankly, it’s a blabber mouth!
FOCUS! It takes time and practice but it will be the best time you have ever invested in yourself! Focus on the good. Think of reasons that you can. Recall times that you have overcome the odds and done something really cool.
And because I love ya, here are a few things you can do to help you get to a place where you are always listening to the supportive voice that wants to see you happy and fulfilled.
1. Think of a time when you were over the top happy. Imagine being back there. Notice the smells. Are you warm or is there a breeze? Can you hear laughter in the air? Is it something you have done that you are proud of or a gift given to you from above? Feel the joy and happiness as you relive that moment. Hold onto that moment, that feeling for as long as you can.
Each day practice this. Hold that feeling for a little longer each time.
2. Once you are doing well with that, I invite you to up your game by holding a single thought or a still thought. What I mean by that is you may picture a rose, a single thought, and just hold the image of the rose. Do not wonder about the smell, the feel or anything else, just observe the rose. Or just notice the rhythm of your breath as it goes in and out. No thought, just feel your breath.
Again, do this each day and hold that single thought or stillness as long as you can.
3. Meditate. You may wish to start out with a guided meditation then move on to a still meditation.
For your free copy of my I Am Success meditation, send me an email at Cassi@CassiEubank.com.
Latest posts by Cassi Eubank (see all)
- Pumpkin Seed Milk - 2018-01-29
- Is Kindness So Rare? - 2016-06-13
- How to Network More Effectively ~ Ask the Purpose of Your Networking - 2016-06-06